ISSN 2567-6458, 18.June 2019 – 13.June 2022
Author: Gerd Doeben-Henisch
This post is part of the uffmm science blog and collects reviews of books related to the uffmm subject.
COLLECTION OF REVIEWS
The most recent review is on top:
- Is Mathematics a Fake? No! Discussing N.Bourbaki, Theory of Sets (1968), – Introduction (Last change: June 13, 2022)
- Pierre Lévy : Collective Intelligence (fr.1994, en.1997) – Chapter 8, Anthropological Space (Last change: May 15, 2022)
- Pierre Lévy : Collective Intelligence (fr.1994, en.1997) – Chapter 7, The Four Spaces (Last change: 1.April 2022)
- Pierre Lévy : Collective Intelligence (fr.1994, en.1997) – Chapter 1, Introduction (Last change: 22.March 2022)
- Pierre Lévy: Footnote ‘Knowledge Tree’, in: Collective Intelligence (1979) (Last change: 18.March 2022)
- Comments on Thomas Rid (2016), Rise of the machines. A cybernetics History. W.W.Norton & Company, Independent Publishers Since 1923 (New York – London). /* The German edition: maschinen dämmerung. eine kurze geschichte der kybernetik published 2016 by the Publisher Propyläen, owned by Ullstein Buchverlag GmbH (Berlin) */ (Last change: Sept 29, 2021)
- LOGIC. The Theory Of Inquiry (1938) by John Dewey – An oksimo Review – Part 1 (Last change: Aug 18, 2021)
- LOGIC. The Theory Of Inquiry (1938) by John Dewey – An oksimo Review – Part 2 (Last change: Aug 18, 2021)
- LOGIC. The Theory Of Inquiry (1938) by John Dewey – An oksimo Review – Part 3 (Last change: Aug 20, 2021)
- Review of the book Why the World Needs Anthropologists edited by Dan Podjed, Meta Gorup, Pavel Borecký & Carla Guerrón Montero, 2021 (already distributed November 2020), Publisher: Routledge (Landon – New York)(Last change: December 1, 2020)
- Review of Tarski (1936) On the concept of logical consequence, (1936) The establishment of scientific semantics, in one paper. (published 8.August 2020)
- Review of Maslow (1966) The Psychology of Science.(Part I: June-1, 2020, Part II: 21.Juni 2020)
- Review of EU’s trustworthy AI Ethic with Denning & Denning (2020) and other authors from the point of view of GCA theory (May-11, 2020).
- Review of Tsu and Nourbakhsh (2020), When Human-Computer Interaction Meets Community Citizen Science. Empowering communities through citizen science. In the Proceedings of the 2017 CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems, ACM 2017: review-Tsu-et-2020-acm-CommunitySciences (April-6, 2020)
- Review of Nancy Leveson (2020), Are you sure your software will not kill anyone?, Communications of the ACM, February 2020, Vol.63, No.2, pp.25-28: review-leveson-2020-acm-yourSWwillNotKill
- Review of Miller & Page (2007), Complex Adaptive Systems. An Introduction to Computational Models of Social Life, example No.1 from Chapter 7: review-santa-fe-2-miller-page-2007-example-c7-no1c (PDF, Febr 5, 2020)
- Review of Miller & Page (2007), Complex Adaptive Systems. An Introduction to Computational Models of Social Life, Chapters 1-7,final: review-santa-fe-1-miller-page-2007-cc1-7-final (PDF, final, Febr 1,2020)
- Review of Cathy Stein Greenblat (1988), DESIGNING GAMES and SIMULATIONS, Complete review-greenblat-1988-1-2
- Review of Alan Newell and Herbert A.Simon (1972), Human Problem Solving (Last update: Oct 9, 2019): review-newell-simon-1972-V1-4 Comment: This document will be replaced several times by the next extended version with the discussion of the text. One document spans in the end one complete chapter.
- Review of Peter Gärdenfors (2014), Geometry of Meaning. Semantics Based on Conceptual Spaces, Part 1, A Review from a Philosophical Point of View: review-gaerdenfors2014-c1-2
- Review of Charles R.Gallistel, (1990), The Organization of Learning. Part 1, A Review from a Philosophical Point of View: review-gallistel-part1-C1
Remark: There have been many more reviews before this review section but these have been written in German and are located in the philosophy blog of G.Doeben Henisch.